Why Dr. Cliff Suggests Signia Xperience
A proven solution that adapts to changing needs
More than 90% of Xperience wearers report a natural sound experience when in motion.*
Signia Xperience is the ONLY technology that automatically adjusts to each patient’s changing needs, provides a natural own voice, and delivers better than normal hearing in noise.
In his latest video, audiologist and industry expert Dr. Cliff Olson explains the unique benefits of the revolutionary Signia Xperience platform in more detail.
*Froehlich, Branda, Freels: Evidence for Dynamic Soundscape Processing benefits (Signia White Paper, 2019)
Dr. Cliff shares his thoughts on the new Xperience platform.
“These motion sensors … dramatically improve how well you can hear in a background noise situation, especially when movement is detected.” – Dr. Cliff
Top 6 Benefits of Signia Xperience
- The world’s leading rechargeable lithium-ion batteries for an all-day charge in just 3-4 hours
- Direct connectivity to smartphones for phone call/audio streaming
- Own Voice Processing (OVP) for a natural overall experience that processes the wearer’s own voice apart from all others
- A free, easy-to-use smartphone app that puts the wearer in complete control of their Signia hearing aids
- Acoustic-motion sensors to measure more aspects of sound than ever before, including the wearer’s movement
- A sleek and nearly-invisible design that is IP68-rated to resist moisture, sweat, dust and dirt
All your patient's needs, all together
NEW Signia App
Combines all existing Signia apps into one unified environment for all the patient’s needs.
- All-in-one – touchControl, myControl, and myHearing App in one
- Adaptive layout – Display features dependent on hearing aid model
- Full functionality – Remote control, streaming and TeleCare options
Signia Xperience FAQs
How can YourSound technology decide which sounds “matter to me” in a given situation?
By analyzing more input, the hearing aid can understand more about the environment a patient is in and how he or she is interacting with it to make intelligent choices. Of course, the patient can always manually override these choices to suit their needs if desired.
How can you ensure that the motion sensors really understand what is happening around the patient?
Motion sensor technology has become extremely accurate, and we use proven technology to give our sound processing reliable input. However, it is not just motion sensors alone but the addition of more powerful acoustic sensors that add a new sense and make our technology more powerful.
If you have motion sensors, will this negatively affect the battery life?
In exchange for a small increase in consumption due to the addition of the new motion-acoustic sensors and chip, they get a smaller hearing instrument with more features and thus more benefit.
If patients can already use the app for the motion sensors, why do they need it in their hearing aids?
By placing the motion sensors directly in the hearing aids, patients benefit greatly by having the motion data always accessible so it can be tied to the core of the audiological processing.